Table of Contents
WDCSA Stanford Football Game Watches
Ventnor Sports Café
2411 18th St NW, Washington, DC
Come join the Washington DC Stanford Association and fellow alumni to cheer on the Cardinal this season at our official bar, Ventnor Sports Cafe in Adams Morgan. In addition to Stanford Pint Glass giveaways, there will be drink specials for Stanford Alumni. Ventnor is accessible by public transit on the Red Line (DuPont Circle and Woodley Park) or the Green/Yellow Line (Columbia Heights and U Street).
See below for upcoming schedule:
- Stanford vs. Washington: Saturday, Nov 3rd, 9pm
- Stanford vs. Oregon State: Saturday, Nov 10th, 9pm
If you have any questions, please contact Patricia Arty ’10 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stanford vs. Cal Big Game Viewing Party
Saturday, November 17, 4:00 p.m. Kickoff
Mission Navy Yard
1221 Van Street SE, Washington, DC
It’s time to put on your Cardinal red and cheer on the Stanford football team in the 121st Big Game! The Washington D.C. Stanford Association is co-hosting the annual Big Game viewing party with the Cal Alumni Association.
Please register at http://alumni.stanford.edu/goto/event28497. The registration fee includes admission to the private event and drink specials.
Mission Navy Yard is conveniently located two blocks from the Navy Yard-Ballpark Metro Station. Please arrive early as we’re expecting a large crowd.
Care Package Party
Monday, December 3, 6:30-8 pm
WDCSA’s Parents Connection is starting a new tradition, spearheaded by Margaret Miller, ’85, P’22! Join us for our inaugural final exam Care Package Party.
Prepare a box for your student and meet other Stanford parents. Please plan to bring items to share (pick one thing and bring multiples) for the packages such as pre-packaged snacks, individually wrapped baked goods (no nuts, please), granola bars, microwave popcorn, candy, school supplies, novelty items, etc.
Items will be laid out on tables for each parent to select from as you create your care package(s).
You can also make a care package for your student’s roommate or for an international student. We will provide flat rate 2-day boxes from the post office. You will go home with a box full of a variety of items ready to be shipped.
Closer to the event we will indicate the approximate number of boxes so you can plan accordingly on purchasing your items. Please let us know if you have any questions. See you in December!
Contact Margaret Miller, ’85, P’22, at email@example.com for more information.
Ivy Singles Holiday Party
Friday, December 7, 6-9 pm
DACOR Bacon House
1801 F Street NW, Washington, DC
The venue is once again the elegant and historic DACOR-Bacon House (built 1824-25). Each floor will be festively decorated for the holiday season. We will feast on hot and cold hors d’oeuvres and enjoy a selection of fine wines, bubbly and non-alcoholic drinks from a cash bar.
The advanced registration price is $42 at this link: https://ycwd.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_257831. The price at the door is $47. You can pay by check made out to WDCSA, cash, or credit.
Contact Charlotte Perry CharMPerry@gmail.comor text/cell 202-341-8799 for more information.
The venue is located 4 blocks from the Farragut-West Metro station (Orange and Blue lines).
WDCSA Holiday Party
Friday, December 14, 6:30-9 pm
DACOR Bacon House
1801 F Street NW, Washington, DC
Looking to add some Cardinal red to your holiday? Please join your fellow Stanford alumni to celebrate the festive season at the DACOR-Bacon House.
The venue (built 1824-25) is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and has been home to several Supreme Court Justices, members of Congress, and a Maryland governor. The DACOR-Bacon House will be decorated for the holiday season and complimentary hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be provided. The venue is located 4 blocks from the Farragut-West Metro station (Orange and Blue lines).
WDCSA subsidizes this special event as a “thank you” to our members (to join WDCSA, please visit: https:// alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/groups/overview/? group_id=0038990539).
- Early-bird registration for WDCSA members and guests: $15 (before November 23)
- Regular registration for WDCSA members and guests: $20
- Regular registration for non-members and guests: $45
- Price at the door for WDCSA members and guests: $25
- Price at the door for non-members and guests: $50
Reserve your ticket today: http://alumni.stanford.edu/goto/event28499
Please contact Kevin Coyne, MS ‘02 at Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
Stanford In the News
- Teens and young adults who use Juul brand e-cigarettes are failing to recognize the product’s addictive potential, despite using it more often than their peers who smoke conventional cigarettes, according to a new study by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine. The findings, from an ongoing Stanford project addressing the use and perceptions of tobacco products by California youth, were published October 19th in JAMA Network Open.
- The Hoover Institution’s David and Joan Traitel Building, which opened in September 2017, has been recognized for its unique and original interior architectural design. A Merit Awardwas presented to the building’s architects and designers—William Rawn Associates and CAW Architects—by the Silicon Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects during a ceremony on October17th.